How to fix Discovered - Currently Not Indexed in Google Search Console

How to fix Discovered  Currently Not Indexed in Google Search Console

Discovered - Currently Not Indexed Status in Google Search Console

I know some beginners always going to face with "Discovered - Currently Not Indexed" issue when they submit their website links and posts to Google Search Console, even I with few Google-AdSense approved websites also faced with this issue sometimes



You see, even some posts I just published last week and recently are still not being indexed by Google.  


discovered - currently not indexed how to fix WindyClover

discovered - currently not indexed status in google search console


How do I fix Google index coverage issues? | Why is my site not getting indexed?


Regardless of how old your website is, Discovered - Currently Not Indexed issue in Google Search Console is not a beginners problem but everyone's problem.  



But before you learn how to fix Discovered - Currently Not Indexed through this tutorial post, you should know what really is discovered - currently not indexed.


What is Discovered - Currently Not Indexed?


Discovered - Currently Not Indexed status showing in Google Search Console means Google acknowledge the existence of your posts and their links, but Google haven't crawl and index your posts currently. Therefore, the only thing you can do is move on to publish next post while waiting for few days or even few weeks for Google to crawl and index your posts.


I heard many of website publisher start to talking about crawl budget when it comes to Discovered Currently Not Indexed status in Google Search Console. However, crawl budget should be the factor we need to look at for massive website with over millions page.



So if you are small website owner like me, instead of focusing and worrying about crawl budget on your smaller website, you should be focus on other factors that cause your posts not being indexed and fall under Discovered Currently Not Indexed status.


Google Search Console - How to fix Discovered – Currently Not Indexed

What cause Discovered - Currently Not Indexed in Google Search Console?


These are few potential causes your posts have Discovered Currently Not Indexed status:


Reason 1 : Your Website Overall Quality is Low from Google Perspective  


Google doesn't crawl and index your posts sometimes could be due to low value content on your website. It doesn't means that all of your websites content are low standard, but there are some posts or even more than 50% of your posts are low value content that cause your website being treated as low value website in overall.



Therefore you should always remember to posts high quality content only on your website, or at least ensure that high quality content is always more than 50% of your content. The more high quality content you can publish on your site regularly, the more likely Google is going to crawl and index your posts as soon as possible.


You can learn how to publish high quality content that is informative from Google perspective by reading the following article:


Read more : How to fix Low Value Content issue in Google AdSense?



Reason 2 : Poor Internal Link Structure or "Orphan Page"


You are not encouraged to publish orphan page on your site that are not connected or linked to your other posts as it is one of the poor internal link structure you could have if you done so.  



It is hard and uneasy for Google to discover, crawl and therefore index orphan pages as Google has little ways that are not enough to access to your posts. You should fix poor internal link structure on your site and make sure most of your posts are linked to each other so it might let Google has more ways to crawl and index your posts 


Reason 3 : Google Search Console is not going to index all your posts


The other thing to keep in mind with regards to indexing is that it is common and completely normal that Google does't index everything off of a website. You will always see fluctuation in indexing regardless of the size of website and therefore not 100% of your posts will be crawl and index by Google. 


For example, it is normal if you have 20 posts not indexed out of a total of 100 posts. However, you should be aware of the situation if most of your posts are not indexing recently as there might be some problem on your website that cause Google start to not crawl and index your posts like before.  


Reason 4 : Crawl Budget ( For Large website)


Crawl budget is a technical issue related to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for big website to consider about instead of small website than has less than millions of posts. Google might not crawl and index some of your pages and posts on your site if the total numbers of posts and pages exceed crawl budget set by Google.  


Reason 5 : Low Page Speed 



As what Google have mentioned in Google Search Center Blog, making a site faster improves the users' experience while also increasing crawl rate. For Googlebot, a speedy site is a sign of healthy servers, so it can get more content over the same number of connections. Therefore, your website speed is highly correlated to the Google crawling frequency on your site 


What are the impacts of Discovered - Currently Not Indexed?


There are many negative impacts on your website if your posts are not being crawled and indexed by Google after you submit your URLs and update sitemap in Google Search Console. These impacts including but not limited to:


  • Loss in Google search ranking

  • Loss bunch of organic traffic 

  • Loss of earnings


How to fix Discovered Currently Not Indexed?


There are many ways to fix Discovered Currently Not Indexed status in Google Search Console, including request indexing by submitting your post URLs to Google Search Console and keep updating your website's sitemap in Google Search Console.



However, this tutorial post is not going to show you these simple but not really effective method to fix Discovered currently not indexed status on some website even they have done so.


Method 1 : Schedule to publish posts 


I discovered that posts on a blogger or BlogSpot site has higher chance to be indexed by Google if you schedule to publish post by setting a specific time and date.


I found out this method in August or September 2021 when there was always 5XX server error happened on many blogger site and causing indexing issue in Google Search Console. Some of my posts were also suffered from discovered currently not indexed at that time as there are some connection issue between Blogger and Google server at that period which cause website publisher to deal with 5XX server error periodically. 


Prior to this, I always published my posts immediately after I reviewed them without any major mistakes and most of the posts were under discovered currently not indexed status in Google Search Console for few days to even few weeks. 


So one time I tried to schedule my posts as there were 2 posts at there, I don't want to publish them together so I publish one immediately or automatically while I scheduled to publish another post 2 hours later.



After I submitted both posts' URL to Google Search Console and update sitemap in there, I found out that the earliest post was discovered - currently not indexed by GSC but the latest post has been crawled and indexed by GSC half an hour after I published it.


So I tried to repeat this method again by publish another post few days later, and guess what, it worked well for me and the my new post was indexed by Google Search Console within half an hour I published it. It became my preference to publish a post and now I always use this method to publish post on my site.


The following are the real illustration of how to fix discovered currently not indexed in Google Search Console by setting a fixed date and time to publish a post.


This is the post I intended to publish yesterday in my finance blog (Time : 13th October 2021, 12:07 P.M.)


Google Search Console - How to fix Discovered – Currently Not Indexed


After finish checking and reviewing the posts, schedule the post on right hand side under "Published on"


Normally it is better to schedule to publish a post 1 or 2 hours after now. For example, the moment I submitted my post was at 12:07 P.M., then I choose to publish about 1 hour later at 1:30 P.M



Also, it is better to schedule to publish a post with the timing end at 00 minutes or 30 minutes, for example publish at 1:30 P.M. or 2:00 P.M. or 2:30 P.M. . Do not publish a post at random time like 1:07 P.M. or 2:02 P.M. . It is better to schedule a posts at specific moment to Google has higher chance to crawl and index your site and posts.


How to schedule blogger to publish post to fix discovered currently not indexed


A message will prompt out to ensure that the post will be publish at the time set, click confirm to proceed.


How to fix Discovered Currently Not Indexed in Blogger


The post was scheduled to publish at 1:30 P.M. 


How can I fix discovered currently not indexed?


After the post was published at 1:30 P.M. , update sitemap(s) in Google Search Console.



How to update sitemap in Google Search Console - Fix Discovered Currently Not Indexed


The post was discovered currently not indexed by Google as what have shown in Google Search Console, click request indexing to submit post URL to GSC for indexing


How to request indexing in Google Search Console - Let Google crawl and index my posts


After half an hour, I refreshed Google Search Console at 2:11 P.M and "Discovered currently not indexed" has been fixed as the post was crawled by Google at 1:55 P.M with "Crawled Currently Not Indexed"


Discovered Currently Not Indexed is fixed and crawled currently not indexed


At the same time, my post was already indexed and showing in Google search result and discovered currently not indexed was gone completely. 



How to get site indexed and appear on Google search results?


Currently, the post I published yesterday is now "Submitted and Indexed" by Google through scheduling to publish the post at a fixed date and time.


How to let posts to be submitted and indexed in Google Search Console


But what about the posts that were discovered currently not indexed by Google in the beginning of this post. Well if you find out it is hard to index your post even though you have follow my step to schedule to publish the post at a fixed date and time, let's see what can you do to fix "Discovered  - Currently Not Indexed" in Google Search Console.


Method 2 : Force Google to crawl and index


Since I personally got few Blogger/BlogSpot websites that are not only well developed for months, but also have been approved by Google AdSense to monetize from them. 


So sometime if I faced with discovered currently not indexed problem on some website, I will use another credible and well established site to help me fix discovered currently not indexed issue by placing few post links inside the well established website. This is what we call "force Google to crawl and index my site".



For example, the posts that were discovered currently not indexed by Google are all in this blog you are reading now and I inserted  these posts' URLs inside the post I intended to post yesterday on 1:30 P.M. in method 1 section.


How can I speed up Google indexing? How to force Google to crawl my site?


It was showing in the my other website post with the following format


How to force Google to crawl and index my Blogger site?


No reader are going to detect the links I inserted there as both the words and background are white color.



When the post I published in my finance blog website was crawled and indexed by Google, Google crawler also detect and then crawled and therefore indexed all my discovered - currently not indexed posts in this blog you are reading now.


What does crawled currently not indexed mean?



These 4 posts are now "Submitted and Indexed" by Google just like the financial posts I published yesterday and I can found them on Google search results


How do I fix discovered currently not indexed? How do you tell if a page is indexed by Google?


How long before my site is indexed by Google? How do I get my website indexed by Google?



How long before my site is indexed by Google? How do I get my website indexed by Google?


This method is quite effective for different kind of website, regardless that website is newly created or well developed. as long as there are links in a post that is likely to be crawled and indexed by Google, then Google and its crawler will access and crawl and therefore index all the links I inserted inside the posts, meanwhile "Discovered Currently Not Indexed" are then completely solved within an hour.


This method is one of the way to force Google to crawl my site and it is suitable for anyone who want to ask "How do I force Google to crawl my site?".



There is no maximum URLs you can insert in a post link to force Google to crawl and index a site, I tried with 10 posts links to 25 posts links before and they all worked well. Google crawled and indexed every posts I interred the links inside my ongoing publish post in few of my well developed site.


However, currently I don't provide such service as it could affect the credibility and worthiness of my website. 


Endings


Generally, it takes few minutes for Google to crawl and index a well established website. But sometime it takes several days to few weeks for your website to be crawled and indexed by Google. 


Therefore, it is better to always publish your post by scheduling at a fixed date and time to increase your chance for your site to be crawled by Google. 



Apart from scheduling, you should also try to publish post regularly like publish 2 to 3 posts per week on your site. 


Also you should always using Google Search Console to let Google crawl and index your posts by request indexing through URLs submission and keep updating your website's sitemap occasionally.


Google AdSense rejection on WordPress Google News approval on WordPress How to build a Free WordPress website with free hosting and domain?

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post