YouTube SEO Experiment 2 : How to Rank YouTube Videos in 2021

YouTube SEO: How to Rank YouTube Videos in 2021

YouTube SEO Experiment - Impression in Downtrend

The main protagonist of this YouTube Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Experiment post is my YouTube video, a Google AdSense Tutorial that emphasizes on the whole process of how to get Google AdSense Approval for Blogger website with less than 20 posts and a little organic search traffic only. This video has been helping me to attract subscribers and achieve part of 1000 subscribers in past few months. 

Recently I found out that my ranking number 1 YouTube video under keywords related to “Google AdSense Approval for Blogger” was not performing well. This video’s impressions dropped from 700 to 350 in 2 weeks after a long uptrend lasted for 3 months overall.

How to increase YouTube video impressions and views using YouTube Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices?

I didn’t change anything or any SEO related stuff on this Google AdSense Tutorial Video since I published it, except the cutting of some clips I had put as evidence on how I fix some issues on my website as stated by Google AdSense.

The accelerating uptrend shown in this graph since mid-October might probably due to the launch of Blogger + AdSense Tutorial Series on my YouTube channel, this series is somehow similar to the main protagonist in this YouTube SEO Experiment post, but I used the recording of what I had done before my Blogger website was approved by Google AdSense instead of the summary of what I have experienced to get Google AdSense approval.

How to increase YouTube video impressions and views using YouTube Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices?  How do I optimize YouTube videos for SEO?

Currently I have published 12 English B.A.T and 11 Chinese or Mandarin B.A.T on my YouTube channel since mid-Oct, and most of these Google AdSense Tutorial videos were published during November. Maybe that was why the impression kept rising until it hit the peak.

Besides, when I search the keyword “Google AdSense Tutorial” on YouTube, none of my Google AdSense Tutorial videos are ranking on the first page of search results. Maybe because my YouTube video is a Google AdSense Tutorial but I didn’t add anything related to the keyword “Google AdSense Tutorial” on the titles and mention them in the Description Box.

Therefore, these are the following adjustments I made to enhance the SEO of my Google AdSense Tutorial Video.

YouTube SEO Adjustment 1 - Change Video Title

The Original title of this Google AdSense Tutorial is 

[CC] Google AdSense Approval For Blogger blogspot.com 2021 | 8 Tips to get AdSense Approval Fast

Does changing YouTube video title help to improve SEO? How to increase YouTube video impressions and views using YouTube Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices?  How do I optimize YouTube videos for SEO? YouTube Video Titles: Should You Change Them for SEO?

I changed the title to 

Google AdSense Tutorial : 8 Tips on How to get Google AdSense Approval for Blogger site Fast in 2021

Does changing YouTube video title help to improve SEO? How to increase YouTube video impressions and views using YouTube Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices?  How do I optimize YouTube videos for SEO? YouTube Video Titles: Should You Change Them for SEO?

So I mentioned Google AdSense Twice in this title, with the keyword “Google AdSense Tutorial” in the first section and “Google AdSense Approval for Blogger” in the middle section. I used all 100 characters to create a new title and I hope it can be a useful SEO strategy for me to increase the views and impression of this video on YouTube Search Results.

YouTube SEO Adjustment 2 - Change Video Description

In order to rank my YouTube video on some high-search volume keywords, I also made some YouTube SEO adjustments on the wording used in the description box. I doubled the use of the keyword “Google AdSense Tutorial” in the Description Box. 

How do you keyword research a YouTube video? How do you search for keywords on YouTube? How do you find most searched keywords on YouTube?

In addition, I found that I used “AdSense Approval” a few times instead of “Google AdSense Approval”, so I just changed this keyword and let it become the 2nd highest 3-words keyword used in the new description.

How do you keyword research a YouTube video? How do you search for keywords on YouTube? How do you find most searched keywords on YouTube?

Mentioning 1 to 2 specific keywords constantly is a good YouTube SEO practice, but using the same keywords frequently in description could over-abusing this YouTube SEO practices and lead to Over-optimization (which means using too much SEO Improvement) . To avoid YouTube algorithm to mark my video as keywords-spamming video, I tried to lower down the density and frequency of the keyword “Google AdSense approval”.

Instead of mentioning “how to get Google AdSense Approval for your website”, I will switch some wordings and sentence structure while remaining the context I want to express at my best. I used these sentences to avoid Over-Optimization on my YouTube video, including:

  • How to receive approval from Google AdSense for your website?

  • How to let Google AdSense approve your website?

  • How to make your website be approved by Google AdSense? etc  

  • How to apply for Google AdSense with your website?


YouTube SEO Adjustment 3 - YouTube Tags Redesign

Meanwhile, I also redesign the tags I used in this Google AdSense Tutorial video after I did some keywords research using TubeBuddy. 

YouTube tags are keywords used to inform YouTube the context of a video. Tags are one of the important factors in ranking YouTube video due to its SEO characteristics.

The main focus of the tags I used in this video is on 2 keywords , “Google AdSense Approval” and “Google AdSense Tutorial”. So you can see most of the tags I used in the new description are all related to these 2 keywords.

Do YouTube tags help with SEO? How do you use SEO tags on YouTube? How to do YouTube SEO with video tags?

Do YouTube tags help with SEO? How do you use SEO tags on YouTube? How to do YouTube SEO with video tags?

Endings

I don’t know how this Google AdSense Tutorial video is going to perform after I made these YouTube SEO improvements, especially when people search for the keyword “Google AdSense Tutorial” on YouTube.

I will keep using the latest YouTube SEO improvements I made on my YouTube video for the whole December. If there is any drastic drop in the ranking, impressions or the views on this YouTube video, then I might halt this YouTube SEO Experiment and revert back all the settings prior to this. I hope this is not the way I end up enhancing the performance of my YouTube video with these SEO adjustments. 

What is a YouTube SEO? How to do YouTube Search Engine Optimization? How do you get 1000 subscribers on YouTube?

It is a risky move for me since this video is ranking at #1 in some keywords on YouTube. 

But Never Try, Never Know, Isn’t It.


How to prepare for SOA Exam IFM Analysis of the Pros and Cons of ASM Study Manual How to pay for SOA Exam Registeration How to schedule exam center and timing through Prometric Sharing on the ways to pass SOA Exam IFM in 3 hours

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post